Saturday, June 09, 2012

A taste of Baguio Retro Diner: 50's Diner

Foods
"Guys-on-the-hood"
Cost:  Php 135.00
Consists of fried chicken, grilled pork, a slice of pizza and an onion toasted bread,
 spaghetti, and vegetables


When my friend had asked me to be a blogger, I had opted to be a food blogger, why? for the simple reason that I (and you, of course,since you wouldn't be reading this if you were not interested) am,since being a child were very fond of foods, specially breads. I love breads (really) and pasta dishes.
       When visiting Baguio or even want to visit Baguio, tourists and alike would never forget to drop by one of the famous and since time immemorial retro diner in Baguio, [Glenn] 50's Diner. Actually, this is my second time to visit this diner and I just like their foods. Serving an american style dishes (meaning they serve heavy or huge meals) that just suit every Filipino taste. You could order here a solo meal, good for two or 3-5 persons. Price ranges from  Php 50-500 and I must say it's really worth it. Ambiance is good and you could see the movie advertisements of Manilyn Monroe and others whom I haven't been aware yet. But there is something different now on 50's diner, the rolling skates of waitresses is nowhere to be found. Uh-huh..and their servings from before had shrink but the same taste..


Juice
"Pineapple juice"
Cost: Php 55.00

         
       

For my second time to visit this diner, I had ordered the same drinks, I just love this Fresh Pineapple juice, I think they made it out of the fruit and no preservatives added. And if there's one thing to remember 50's Diner, maybe their milkshakes, it's really creamy and tasteful it will make you remember Baguio; fresh and tasteful.


       But I must warn you that because of the  popularity of this diner it's common to see long lines of diner's. So you must visit there when you were not too hungry or else, you will have a bad day.

LOCATION: Along Upper General Luna Rd.
                      Military Cut-off

Baguio
"Strawberry Milkshake"
Cost: Php 85.00

                                                                                   

     



2 comments:

JOV of Travex Travels said...

Madel, sabihin mo sa solidhosting, the other way around. Dapat yung blogspot mo nakaredirect sa breadcrumbles.com, hindi yung breadcrumbles.com anf nakaredirect sa blogspot mo...

Unknown said...

cge2..haha..sasabihin ko..salamt!:)

Post a Comment

If you have questions or comments in mind, feel free to comment here

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India